Web Developer Tip – Create a portfolio of your work that can be publicly accessed and viewed. Highlight projects you’ve worked on, share coding examples on GitHub and record video screen captures of your application in action. Over time this will grow and provide you an asset that you can direct others to showcase your work.
- Creating a portfolio is essential as new potential employers and contracts will require you to demo your skills.
- Setup a Linkedin Profile – share your work. Feature your work and links to resources. Join relevant groups and attend online conferences. Grow your connections as you network.
- GitHub to showcase code and projects you’ve worked on, created and contributed to.
- StackOverflow – to participate in conversations and share ideas.
- Try different coding projects and challenges